The Alfheim elves of the Canolbarth Forest are of the High Elven racial stock. Their chief deity is Illsundal ‘the Wise’. It was he who lead them to the Canolbarth Forest and gave to them the Trees of Life, great living artifacts with potent magical powers and properties. The Trees of Life helped to preserve the Canolbarth and allowed the Alfheim elves to survive the Great Cataclysm.
Following the Wrath of the Immortals War the Alfheim Elves are now all refugees. Three of the clans migrated to Karameikos; Chossum, Erendyl, Red Arrow. The Feadiel, Grunalf, Long Runner, and Mealidil clans migrated north to Wendar.
High Elf racial traits are as follows:
- +2 dexterity, -2 constitution.
- Medium size.
- Base speed: 30
- Immunity to magical sleep. +2 bonus to saving throws vs. Enchantment spells.
- Low-light vision: Elves see twice as far as humans in moonlight, starlight and torchlight conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive martial weapon proficiency feats with longbow, shortbow (and the composite versions of each) as bonus feats.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks. If a high elf merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door, he is entitled to a Search check as if he were actively searching for it.
- Bonus Languages: Elven and one of the following: Darokinian, Thyatian, or Traladaran. Bonus Languages: Darokinian, Draconic, Dwarven, Glantrian, Orc, Sylvan, Thyatian, or Traladaran.
Favoured Class: Wizard.
- High Elves usually have fair or tan skin, blonde or golden hair and blue or green eyes.