The Shadow Elves are an offshoot of the High Elves that fled underground after the Great Rain of Fire. After many generations they have evolved into a distinctly different breed. During the Wrath of the Immortals War they came up from under the ground under Alfheim and overthrew the Alfheim Elves already living there. The Shadow Elves won and therefore the Alfheim Elves were displaced and the entire population became refugees.
Shadow Elf racial traits are as follows:
- +2 intelligence, -2 constitution, shadow elves are clever and quick learners, but they suffer the same physical frailties as other elves.
- Medium size.
- Base speed: 30
- Immunity to magical sleep.
- +2 bonus to saving throws vs. spells.
- Darkvision 60 feet instead of Low-light vision.
- Shadow Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat for scimitar as a bonus feat, and are always considered proficient with the light crossbows (even if they don’t have Simple Weapon Proficiency).
- +2 racial bonus to Escape artist, Move silently and Spot. +4 to Hide.
- Stonecunning: Shadowelves are as familiar with stone constructions and caves as Dwarves.
- Light Sensitivity. -1 to all skill checks, attack rolls and saving throws when in direct sunlight or exposed to light from a continual flame or daylight spell.
- Automatic Languages: Undercommon and Shadowelf. Bonus languages: Dwarf, Draconic, Ignan and Terran.
- Favoured Class: Wizard
- They are distinguished from other elves by their pale white skin and white hair.